Saturday, January 30, 2010

New York!


It's been over 5 months since I've been in America. I'll be in New York for the Outsider Art Fair and a bit of fun. Unfortunately, my children's Auntie Karen, of the Garde Rail Gallery won't be there this year, due to a 1,700 mile move. However, you can certainly purchase work online from Garde Rail, check out their link!

Weather shock will set in immediately - the temperatures are forecasted to be in the 30's - it's been in the 50's here in Rome, which my acclimated body finds cold. My cashmere pieces from the shop Souchi, in Portland, Oregon, will come in handy. I couldn't survive our very cold Northwest winters without Souchi cashmere!

As for culture shock, I'm not expecting much, as there are SO many cultures represented in New York.

More than likely, I'll go into architecture shock - not a skyscraper to be found in Rome. Ciao for now!

1 comment:

  1. I would like to introduce your blog on my website ombelico.de via an interview. I have feature on my website, which introduces interesting blogs about/from italy.
    Please send me a short email and I'll send you more information.

    Best regards
    André

    ReplyDelete