Saturday, August 1, 2009

Day One of Setting Up This Blog

I'm very new to this, so please be patient as I revise/improve/update my way through our blogosphere.

This blog was created in an effort to capture the experiences of the next year of our family as we move to Rome, Italy.

We love to travel. Who doesn't? As my husband's heritage is half Italian, we are very fortunate to have gracious and generous family in Italy to enjoy life with. Since we're all the way over there, we also take time to expand our cultural education. We've traveled as far south as Salerno, on our way to Ravello. We've criss-crossed all over northward, up into Austria, Slovenia, and Germany. We've also worked our way into Switzerland and France.

While on these completely, fabumad (our trips are fabulous, but the mileage we put on vehicles is mad!) explorations of Europe, our kids would ask if it was possible for us to live in Italy. We did a lot of research, and realized - why yes kiddos, we can.

Over the course of the last year and a half, we've planned our way to Rome. An apartment was found in the historic center on Via Babuino, an American-accredited school has accepted our kiddos, and we have our Italian Visa's. It was all, quite amazingly, easy. Anyone who knows the reputation of the Italians will be pleased to learn - piece of torta. I'm very realistic so, let's see how the rest of the year goes.

I'm going to sign off so I can hit Publish Post and see what I've done. I'm such an amateaur! Baci-baci!


2 comments:

  1. I hope you're over the jet lag by now. I find that it's best to be outside in daylight as much as possible to quickly re-set your body clock. I'm sure you've heard that advice though.
    Looking forward to hearing more about your fabulous adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the advice! It's been so hot, that we haven't pushed too hard. School starts next Wednesday, so we definitely need to take action. Nice to hear from you. I hope all is well in your and Tripp's bustling, baby household and you have a great trip to England!

    ReplyDelete